cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

I have purchased payroll and i bought quickbooks but cannot figure out how to set it up

Need help setting up payroll that I purchased when I bought quickbooks desktop pro 2019

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: I have purchased payroll and i bought quickbooks but cannot figure out how to set it up

Good day, michlanski.

I'll help you activate the payroll subscription that you've purchased from a retail store. Here's how:

1. Click the Employees menu, scroll down to Payroll, and then click Install Payroll from Box.
  2. Enter the payroll license number and product code. The license number is displayed on a brightly colored sticker on the folder inside your box. The product number on the other hand is included in the directions on the folder. 
  3. Click Continue.
  4. Enter the information required in the Payroll Company Legal Information section.
  5. Read the disclaimer in the Billing Information section. Enter the billing and contact information needed.
  6. Click Continue, then log in to your Intuit account.
  7. Click Start Payroll.

If you can't see the Install Payroll from Box option, it means that there's an existing payroll subscription in your company file. You will need to contact our Payroll Support Team so they can activate the new subscription for you. Here's how:

1. Go to the Help menu, then click QuickBooks Help.
  2. Click Contact Us.

Let me know if you have other payroll questions. I'll be around to answer them for you.