cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

I switched my pay frequency from bi-monthly to every Friday. I paid my bi-monthly employees on Monday. Now on Friday only one of 4 employees who need to be paid are shown

I need to pay all 4 of my employees but they don't show up in payroll! Even though I have selected every friday payday for all 4 of them and approved all their time from Tsheets. I believe this is because I just changed their pay schedules from bi monthly to Friday, and they have already been paid this week (but only for 4/1-4/15). I need to force all 4 employees to be paid for tues-friday but when I hit "run payroll", it only allows me to pay one employee (who happens to be the one that was not paid for 4/1-4/15 as she had zero hours).
1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: I switched my pay frequency from bi-monthly to every Friday. I paid my bi-monthly employees o...

It's good to have you back here in the Community, @Stewart Engr.

I want to ensure that you'll be able to pay your employee on your desired payroll schedule.

In situations like this, you'll need to verify the payroll schedule that is assigned to your employees' under the pay schedule section.

Let me guide you how:

1. Click on the Gear icon at the top.
  2. Select on Payroll Settings.
  3. Under Payroll Services, select on Payroll Schedules.
  4. Select on your desired schedule.
  5. Click on Edit. (Please see the screenshot below)

employee.PNG

If you don't happen to see the names of the employees in this section, you'll need to go back to the employees profile and assign the correct schedule.

Here's how:

1. Click Workers on the left menu, then choose Employees.
  2. Choose the employee name you need to update the payroll schedule.
  3. Click the Pencil icon beside the Pay option.
  4. Click the How often do you pay your employee drop-down button and select the correct pay schedule.
  5. Click Done.

For more details about this process, please refer to this article: Edit a pay schedule.

This should help you pay your employee on your desired schedule.

Please let me know if there's anything else you need aside from this. I'll be around to help you out. Enjoy your weekend.