cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naomi-paskewitz
Level 1

In starting up QBO payroll again, after not using it for some years, there are alot of employees I need to make inactive how do I do this?

1 Comment 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

In starting up QBO payroll again, after not using it for some years, there are alot of employees I need to make inactive how do I do this?

Hi there, @naomi-paskewitz,

It's great to hear you're back! I want to make sure you're able to get your work done.

The following steps will guide you how to make an employee inactive in QuickBooks Online:

1. Click Workers from the left navigation panel.

2. Go to the Employee tab.

3. Select the name of the employee you want to make inactive.
  4. Click Edit employee.
  5. Go to the Employment tab.
  6. Select the employee's new status from the Status drop-down menu.

7. Click Done.

You may want to check this article to know more about modifying your employee's status: How to add, edit, or inactivate an employee

However, if you'd like to make the employees inactive in bulk or batch, this option is currently unavailable in QuickBooks Online Payroll. This is a great feature to add in QuickBooks so I'd recommend helping us send this preference to our engineers. Here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Select Feedback.
  3. Enter your feedback and suggestions.
  4. Click Next.
  5. Select Feedback for the Category.
  6. Click Send message.

You may also track your suggestion through this website: https://feedback.qbo.intuit.com/. I'll do the same thing in my end to reinforce your request.

That should do it, @naomi-paskewitz. Please keep me in the loop if you need QuickBooks help. Have a good one!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us