cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Integrity issues are causing back up problems. Gives "??" instead of an employee name and then forces a close of the program. Can I determine the specific employee?

A few years ago there was a QB error that erased all the SIN numbers. Some could not be reentered because we no longer have those old files. Didn't cause an issue at first but now I am getting this back up issue. Some of the employees have not been here for a decade but QB will not let me delete them because they have at least 1 entry. Using fake SIN now did not work because it generates an invalid SIN error. I can only do the basic back up if I try to do the integrity check it crashes the program. should I try and delete the birthdays?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Integrity issues are causing back up problems. Gives "??" instead of an employee name and then forces a close of the program. Can I determine the specific employee?

Hi @BakeryBooks,

Welcome to the Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

It sounds like you've spent a lot of time trying to get this issue addressed. Don't worry, I got your back from here. Are you getting an error message when you try to do the basic back-up. Could you walk me through step-by-step on how you're doing the back-up on your end? 

Are you using a site to generate the SIN numbers? If so, has that site worked before? Normally, the SIN number is generated in a specific sequence and if you're using a site, you'd have to validate the SIN on that site before you can use it elsewhere.