cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
tpollard
Level 1

Just ran my payroll taxes in Quickbooks for June. Then I printed the PD7A. The amounts are significantly different but the dates entered are the same. Why?

1 Comment 1
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Just ran my payroll taxes in Quickbooks for June. Then I printed the PD7A. The amounts are significantly different but the dates entered are the same. Why?

Hi tpollard,

Making sure your numbers line up is important, especially when it comes to payroll and the money owed to the government. Clarification about what you mean by running your payroll taxes would definitely help with narrowing down where the numbers went askew, but don't worry, I'll do what I can to help with what you've given me here.

There are a few variables in place that could be affecting your tax totals, such as needing to do a backdated payroll somewhere along the way, having had a payroll edit completed by our payroll team, or the dates being different between the two things you're comparing. You've already confirmed the dates are the same, which is great. From here, I'd like for you to get in touch with our phone support team so an agent can take a closer look. With their tools, they'll be able to track down what's happened and help you determine what you need to do to right the numbers.

Agents are available at 1-855-253-1536 from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET as well as Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET.

I hope that helps! Enjoy your weekend. :)

Need to get in touch?

Contact us