cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Lost Functionality in Workforce

I have had several employees complain about the fact that the new Workforce interface no longer shows Vacation and Sick Benefits accrual and usage totals in the Paycheck Detail page, and clicking on "Download" provides a very unofficial-looking PDF that shows YTD usage only, and no period-specific use or accrual information. In addition, other employees are complaining about the fact that they can no longer see their 401k Employer Match amounts at all, either through the webpage or PDF download. Because of this loss of functionality, I am now having to download the more detailed individual paystubs directly from the Quickbooks Desktop software and distribute them to ALL of our employees each pay period.

Is there any plan to add these features back into Workforce, or is this reduction in the features Intuit offers going to be permanent? The extra work is a huge drain on my limited time and resources, and I have already been instructed to start looking for another payroll service that can provide the functionality we've come to expect if Intuit can't meet our needs.

1 Comment

Re: Lost Functionality in Workforce

Hello there, @JasonRCS.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Allow me to help get this taken care of today.

There is an ongoing issue reported about vacation and sick accrual no longer showing on the employee's Workforce account. Our engineers are fully aware of this issue while constantly working on to come up with a permanent fix. 

In the meantime, I recommend letting your employees know about the workaround used to view the  PTO on the webpage.

1. Log in to the account using a private browser to start a new session.
  2. If they are able to view the sick and vacation accruals using the private browser, they can try clearing the browser's cache, and start logging in to their account from there. Clearing the cache allows your browser to function more efficiently.
  3. If they get the same result, try using another device. 

I also suggest reaching out to our Payroll Support to add your company details to the affected user's list. This will also sign you up to receive email updates as soon as they become available. 

I'm also leaving you this link to check for other help articles you may need in the future while working with your company file: Help articles for QuickBooks Desktop.

That should point you in the right direction. Please let me know how it goes after trying the steps above or if you have any other questions about payroll. I'll be happy to help you out. Have a wonderful day.