cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer **

Online Payroll for Mac WA state paid family leave

Using Intuit Online Payroll for Mac, the employer is in Washington state and will pay 100% of the paid family leave tax for employees. I do not see an option for the employer to pay the tax, I see only to deduct from employees or to split it between employee and employer. How do I set it up for the employer to pay the tax and deduct zero from employees?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Online Payroll for Mac WA state paid family leave

Welcome to the Community, @DeniseD.

I’m here to share some information about setting up the Paid Family Medical and Leave Premium for the employer using Intuit Online Payroll.

At this time, the Employee: 0%, Employer: 100% ER state rate is unavailable. The good news is, this option will be rolled out to all Online Payroll users within April 2019. 

Until this is implemented, I suggest giving our Payroll Support Team a call for assistance on adjusting the deduction rate for the new state tax. Check out this article for more information: Washington Paid Medical Family and Medical Leave.

That should do it. Reach out to me if you have any other concerns, I’m always here to help. Cheering you to continued success!