cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Payroll Activation

I changed my QB subscription at the advice of my accountant.  I cancelled the yearly Desktop and went with a one time purchase of QB Desktop.  I had to cancel my other subscription and reactivate for payroll and everything.  Everything is paid for, but the activation number on my QB file is not the correct number.  I am not sure how to update that and I keep getting the PS0032 error when trying to do updates and payroll.  I don't see a button to activate it and sync it for new number or even replace the number with new one.  I have tried some of the steps posted already, with no luck.  Please help.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Payroll Activation

I appreciate the steps you've done, janieblair.

The PS032 error can be caused by a damaged QuickBooks registration file. We'll need to delete the .ecml file to get rid of the error.

Here's how: 

1. Close QuickBooks Desktop and ensure that all QuickBooks processes are no longer running.
    • Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc from your keyboard to open the Task Manager.
    • Select the Processes tab.
    • Sort the process alphabetically by selecting the Process Name header.
    • Search all QBW32.EXE and select End Task.
  2. Open the entitlement data folder from your operating system and version of QuickBooks.
    • Press Windows + R to open the Run window.  
    • Enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and then Enter.
    (All QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise versions have the same folder location.)
  3. Right-click the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and select Delete.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.
  5. Open your company file and follow the instructions to register the software.

Once done, enter your updated payroll service key

I'm always around to help if you have additional questions.