cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer **

Payroll Amounts Showing Twice on P&L

Hello,

I'm using Quickbooks Desktop Payroll, Basic. 

For each payroll, I manually go in and adjust the payroll check, breaking everything down by class (our classes represent three principals for whom there are specific jobs/ hours worked, that I calculate outside of Quickbooks). My concern is that I'm showing double amounts on the P&L. I show the correct amounts broken down by class/ expense type, but I also show a total amount under 'Payroll Expenses- Other'.

It appears to be the breakdown of hours per job, per employee. Our employees track their hours by job and I import them monthly via an iif report, but we are not setup so that these jobs are correctly tracking and breaking down hours by class (although it'd be great if that could happen, as I do it all manually now). 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Payroll Amounts Showing Twice on P&L

Welcome to the Community, PeggyOliviaSmith,

For me to be able to provide you with the best resolution, could you please verify what specific Profit and Loss report you've created?

If you’ve pulled up Profit & Loss by class report, this will show how much you are making or losing within each segment of your business, as defined by the QuickBooks classes you’ve set up. This will also show subtotals for each type of income or expense, so you can see where money is coming in and where you are spending it.

I'll be on the lookout for your reply and waiting on standby. Have a great day!