cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grant51
Level 1

Payroll Center shows incorrect Overdue Liability Payments due

We ran our first 2019 payroll last week, and when processing was complete 2 lines apeared under Payroll Center/Pay Liabilities with a Status of "Overdue" from 4th quarter 2017.  These were tied to an end-of-fiscal-year employee bonus that was paid (one for our Direct Deposit Liabilities account and another for our State Tax Withholding account).  Sidebar:  the payments were initially posted in the wrong quarter (Q3) but moved to 4th Quarter shortly after the payments actually went out.

These liabilities have long since been paid with a LIAB CHK entry made by paying the liability from the Payroll Center per normal process, and up until the first 2019 Payroll, these lines were not showing up in Payroll Center at all.

The Payroll Liability Balances report shows these items to have a balance of $0.00, and the General Ledger accounts agree.

I suspect there is a bug that may be corrected by Intuit without me having to alter anything, but is there something I should check or perform to zero this out again?

3 Comments 3
Rose-A

Thanks for checking in with us, grant51.

I'd be happy to assist you today. Let's get your overdue liability sorted out and get you back on track.

You can make an adjustment to correct and zero out overdue liabilities.

Here's how:

1. Click Employees at the top.
  2. Click Payroll Taxes and Liabilities, then select Adjust Payroll Liabilities.
  3. Select the Date of the last payroll and Effective Date.
  4. Select an Employee.
  5. Choose the Item Name and enter the Amount.
  6. Click Accounts Affected button displays options for how you want this YTD adjustment to affect your Chart of Accounts.
  7. Select Do not affect accounts.
  8. Click OK.

For detailed information, you can check these recommended articles:

If you'd like to go through this over the phone, you can call our dedicated team who will be happy to assist you. Agents have the necessary tools, like screen-sharing to get your liabilities accurate. Our contact details can be found here along with our opening hours.

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

I'll be around here in the Community, so please let me know if you have other concerns. Have a nice day.

grant51
Level 1

Entering adjustments in this fashion zeros out the "Amount Due" column but the Payroll Summary report moves the bonus payment from "Direct Deposit 1" to "Net Pay." 

The add-on we're using for processing payroll direct deposits (Big Red Consulting's solution) normally has the actual take-home pay under Direct Deposit 1 and $0.00 under Net Pay.  So I'm concerned about this not showing the same total as before.

Again, I want to emphasize that all these values were correct as of the last payroll in 2018.  Something happened to throw this into the current state between then and 1/2/2019, when we processed our first payroll for 2019.

JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, grant51.

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm here to guide you to the right support and make sure you'll get the best help with the your reports.

I appreciate you for taking the time to follow all the instructions provided by my colleague RoseMarjorieA just to resolve this issue. In this case, I encourage you to get in touch with our Care Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a remote session to investigate the incorrect calculations of your reports. 

Here's how you can contact payroll support: 

1. Click this link: https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/?infosrc=qs&service=16.
  2. Select your payroll subscription.
  3. Choose Payroll for the topic.
  4. Click View Contact Info to get the phone number.

Please let us know how it goes by clicking the Reply button below. Have a good day. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us