cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Payroll Settings

This may be a strange question, but for somebody who has just signed up for QBO Payroll, are they able to access the Payroll Settings and preferences before doing the Get Started steps to setup payroll?  I ask for training purposes because it would be nice to go in and setup employee deductions, vacation/sick time, and detailed pay schedules before it has you start adding employees.2019-05-15_9-36-24.jpg

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Payroll Settings

Welcome to the Intuit Community, @Nathan-K

I appreciate you providing a screenshot for me to get a better picture of your concern. 

You can access the Payroll Settings to set up pay schedules, vacation/sick/PTO, and deductions/contributions before adding your employees. Please make sure to assign the correct settings when you're ready to set up your employees in the program. 

Once you've entered all the information you need, you can go to the Workers menu to complete the Get Started With Payroll process. Please see the screenshot below for your reference. 

SetUpPayroll.PNG

To help you get started in setting up your employees and running your first payroll, here are great articles you can refer to: 

You can also check out these helpful articles to get answers to your payroll concerns. 

The information above will help you fully equipped on what it takes to run payroll in the system, @Nathan-K

I'm here anytime you have other concerns. Thanks again for choosing QBO Payroll as your payroll partner. Cheers!