cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa Mc
Level 1

Payroll accounting preferences

How can I set preferences in after the fact payroll where fields will not prefill

4 Comments 4
HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @Lisa Mc.

Thanks for reaching out to us about payroll accounting preferences. I can share some insights about the After the fact feature.

When accessing or using the After the Fact payroll, QuickBooks automatically pre-fill the fields based on the payroll items and its setup rate. This is to avoid payroll calculation errors. Currently, there isn't an option for it not to pre-fill. 

Let me know if there's anything else you need about After the Fact feature. I'm still here to provide more help. Have a good one.

Loans1987
Level 1

Please let me know if you have a solution.... Payroll Accounting Preferences - KNOWN PROGRAMMING ISSUE

ISSUE: 

Payroll was programmed via Accounting Preferences & the system is NOT following the assigned Chart of Accounts. This has caused our books to be incorrectly placing transactions within our business checking vs. payroll checking, correct account. Quickbooks has not resolved the issues- I have been told multiple times to void the "transactions" - There are HUNDREDS OF TRANSACTIONS AND LINE ITEMS. This is NOT an appropriate resolution. QUICKBOOKS confirmed the programming issues and should repair the issues they have caused (details below). They give you a click path to "update transactions" however, it doesn't repair the problem and it's clearly outlined in the click path that it WILL NOT fix the issue; "Bank Account section"

INCORRECT GUIDANCE PROVIDED BY QB SCREENS "Update existing transactions: Update accounting preferences for past transactions according to current preference settings (we'll update all accounts except the Bank Account section)."

There has been a programming issue with Quickbooks payroll Accounting preferences; confirmed by Quickbooks. I have a heavy computer systems development background and it's wild how dumb QB is handling this. This is clearly a basic Becky coding issue. There are so many simple options to repair the transactions 1) QB should have rolled back the correct code 2) at least give your end users the ability to update the payroll transaction accounts manually) This started in May of 2022; finally confirmed by QB in July 2022.

I have wasted 200+ hours on the phone with QB, only for each agent to make the issue worse and worse. What's insulting is the reps will set up a callback time and NEVER call back.

In the meantime, have been on the phone with 10+ reps, some can see notes from other departments and some can not. (Case agents lack transparency across Quickbooks different lines of business- literally for no logical reason).

NO ONE HAS SOLVED THE ISSUE QUICKBOOKS CREATED

THE QUICKBOOKS "RESOLUTIONS" HAVE ACTUALLY MADE OUR BOOKS MUCH MUCH WORSE - THEY HAVE ASKED ME TO:

1) UNCATEGORIZE TRANSACTIONS

2) LINK AND UNLINK MY BANK ACCOUNTS

3) REIMPORT ALL MY TRANSACTIONS FROM MY BANK!!!

4) VOID AND RECREATE TRANSACTIONS

5) WAIT FOR A RESOLUTION

6) UPDATE EXISTING TRANSACTIONS

7) UNRECONCILE & RE-RECONCILE

No one ever calls your back or really helps.

WHAT A NIGHTMARE OF A COMPANY, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE MODELS BOTH INTERNALLY AND EXTERNALLY, POOR DEVELOPMENT CYCLES/ IMPLEMENTATIONS, LITERALLY BLOCK THEIR OWN USERS FROM UPDATE THE "FROM ACCOUNTS" --- WHY BECAUSE THEY KNOW BETTER. RIDICULOUS. 

Case:1594425528 CUSTOMIZE_FORM_TEMPLATES - forms [ ref:_00Di0Xs0j._5003j28YNDp:ref ]

INV82393 

DebSheenD
QuickBooks Team

I understand the importance of linking transactions to the correct payroll accounts, @Loans1987. I'll share some updates about the reported issue you've mentioned.

As I've checked on our system this is still an ongoing issue. Please know that our Engineering Team is working actively to find a fix. They'll take a closer look at this and evaluate what further action can be taken.

In the meantime, we're unable to give a timeframe as to when this will be resolved. Please make sure to keep your lines open so they can reach out to you during business hours via email.

If you still haven't received any updates about it, I recommend contacting them. Provide the investigation number given to you so they can trace what happened to the report. You can find their most updated number through this article: Get help with QuickBooks Online.

In the meantime, you can visit our Community Help website which shares helpful articles to read on topics like account management, banking, reports, and more. Just select a subject from the Topics drop-down menu.

I've got you covered if you have other questions aside from managing payroll transactions in QuickBooks. Use the Reply option below. I'll be here to answer them. 

Loans1987
Level 1

@DebSheenD 

Although I appreciate the response... I am not hopeful Quickbooks will make this repair. This started in JUNE 2022 & it still has not been fixed. HOW can I get actual support and answers? All of this was caused by QB NOT our internal team. 

NEW INFO from today's call with QBPR...

In June 2022, Intuit Payroll Stand Alone (IPSA) was retired.

In doing so "we" all switched to "QB Online Payroll" (QBOPR) --

REWIND to Intuit Payroll Stand Alone days... There was a feature set/toggle in the Accounting Preferences to "import transactions from (IPSA)" to Quickbooks online (not QB payroll). This little guy has caused all of the issues and was NEVER supposed to be on, we didn't turn it on, since we were NEVER a standalone PR account.

CURRENT as of last week, we turned it off via the direction on QBOPR Level 2 support. This toggle button is no longer on my interface. I have been told to "wait" for a resolution from the Level 2 QBOPR team - they would repair past, present and future transactions- specifically the Bank Account field as we can not do it manually... But I think we all agree that day my never come.... FINE - I can do JEs. BUT I have confirmed multiple times my prefs are "all good", when I ran payroll.... I confirmed its NOT all good.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us