cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Payroll check issue

Another issue with first payroll. when i put in a test check and then created it. the next screen shows to print checks. i push the button, no checks to print. I have to go to write checks to see it and print it. so again, what is the issue?

mike 

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Payroll check issue

Hey there, @fbmarion.

Let's perform some troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue and help you print your checks.

First, you'll need to check if you've opened multiple PDF files for the check you're trying to print. 

If only one PDF file is open, then you can check your printer preferences if they're set correctly. You can also seek help from an IT professional to check your preferences and set it correctly.

Once done, try printing the checks again. But if you're still unable to print the checks, you can perform some browser troubleshooting steps. 

You'll need to print your check using a private browser. This way, you can check if it's caused by an overloaded data on your browser. 

You can use these keyboard shortcuts to open a private browser:

• Google Chrome: Ctrl + Shift + N
  • Internet Explorer: Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Mozilla Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Safari: Command + Option + P

If you're able to print your checks, you may need to clear your current browser's cache to offload some data from your browser. Also, clearing your browser's cache can optimize its performance.

You may read this article for more information: Set Up and Print Payroll Paychecks.

Please let me know how this goes. I'll be here to assist you.

Experienced Member

Again, this is not online payroll.

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, fbmarion. 

If you still can't get through in printing your paychecks after doing the troubleshooting steps given, I recommend reaching out to our payroll support agents. They can look into your account and will help you identify issues. 

The Community is always around to help you if you have other concerns.