cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Contributor **

Payroll shows regular hours but Time Activities by Customer shows zero

When I generate a Time Activities by Customer report for October 2018, it is reporting zero billable hours for all customers.  However, when I look at the payroll details report for that month, I can see the regular hours corresponding to the (single) customer that we billed during that month.  Furthermore, when I view the original tsheets data, I can see the hours billed to that customer during October. 

I don't remember having any problem generating a payroll last October.  Everything went smoothly with submitting time sheets in tsheets, approving them in QB's "Approve Time", and running the payroll using Intuit's full service payroll.  While these missing hours are not a showstopper, they could cause users to make budgeting errors, thinking that they have more hours to spend than actually exist.  Is there anything I can do to get QB to report the correct Time Activities for that month?  

Thanks.

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Payroll shows regular hours but Time Activities by Customer shows zero

Hi there, @eeei732.

Thank you for providing detailed information about your report problem. Let's go ahead and correct the Time Activities for the month of October!

For the data on the Time Activities and Payroll Detail report to match, you have to put a check mark in the Billable box on the Timesheet. That way, the time activity of your customers will be generated on the reports.

Next time, when syncing your Tsheet data, make sure to map it properly to avoid manually editing them in QuickBooks.

That should correct the reporting, @eeei732. Let me know if you have additional questions about payroll. I'm still here to help you more. Have a good one.

Community Contributor **

Thanks for the reply!  Actually, all the time entries in question already had been marked billable in tsheets.  In fact, when I go to Approve Time in QB and look at the old time sheets for October, they confirm that the billable field is marked with a Yes.  So it really looks like a bug in Quickbooks to me.  Would anything else cause it to report zero billable time even though 50+ hours of such time was imported from tsheets for that month?  Here are some screen shots to highlight the discrepancy:

billableCheckedAlready.pngtimeActivities.png

QuickBooks Team

Hi eeei732,

You'll want to contact our Customer Care Support to check on your file and assist you further.

Just press F1 and then Contact us to get our number and speak with one of our phone agents.

Please know that we're always here if you have any other questions.