Highlighted
kpf

Printing 1 copy of W2's

How do I print a copy of w2...the employee lost all her copies? thanks

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Printing 1 copy of W2's

Greetings, @kpf.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the Community. I’m here to help you print a copy of your employee’s W2 in QuickBooks Desktop. 

You can pull up the W-2 and print a copy of it by following the steps below:
1.    Go to the Employees menu.
2.    Select Payroll Tax Forms and W-2s, then choose Process Payroll Forms.
3.    Under the File Forms tab, choose the Annual Form W-2/W-3 – Wage and Tax Statement Transmittal and click the Create Form button.
4.    In the File Form window, select the employee’s name and the filing period.
5.    Click Submit Form to continue printing.
6.    Hit the Print/E-file to open the Print W-2 and W-3 Forms window.
7.    Print the form.

Here’s an article for your reference: Print W-2 and W-3 forms.

You can also make the W-2s available to your employees in QuickBooks Workforce. You just have to select the option Provide employees with secure online access to their W-2 forms on Intuit’s free QuickBooks Workforce site after processing the form in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. 

If the employees don’t have access yet to the workforce, here’s what they need to do:
1.    Click the link in the notification email from employer: https://paychecks.intuit.com/?source=qbw2email.
2.    Choose Sign Up and answer the security questions when prompted.
3.    Follow the onscreen instructions to create an Intuit account, then sign in.
4.    View and print your W-2.

For more information, you may refer to this article: Access W-2s in Workforce

That should get you pointed in the right direction. Let me know if you have questions, I’ll be here to answer them for you. Thanks for dropping by and take care!