cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackD
Level 2

Remove unused payroll tax forms

Is there a way to remove unused payroll tax forms? We switched to Quickbooks online from the desktop version and it added payroll tax forms for a state where we haven't had an employee in years which all show as overdue. Thanks.

Jack

3 Comments 3
MaryGraceS

Hi there, @JackD.

It's nice to see your post today. I'd be happy to help and walk you through in removing the unused payroll tax forms in QuickBooks Online.

You can archive that payroll tax form so that it'll not show as overdue. 

Here's how: 

1. On the left pane, select Taxes.
  2. At the top left, select the Payroll Tax tab. 
  3. Under Forms, click Quarterly Forms
  4. Click the form you want to archive.
  5. Choose the liability period.
  6. Click Archive.

Here's an article about archiving forms in QuickBooks Online: Archive (save) a form that I have filed.

I've also attached a screenshot for your reference below.

For additional support, feel free to reach out to our Payroll Support. They have the tools that can help you get to a resolution in no time. 

That should point you in the right direction today.

Always feel free to drop by again if you have any other questions about removing payroll tax forms, or about QuickBooks. I'll be glad to help.

David88
Level 1

This does not stop the quarterly forms from being generated that are no longer needed. How do stop the reminders every quarter without have to archive unneeded forms?

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @David88.

Thank you for posting here in the Community. It's my pleasure to help share information about tax forms in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

To remove the unused/unneeded forms in QBO, it's really necessary to archive those forms. Moving forward you would need to opt out of a secondary state for the system to stop generating the quarterly forms. For the detailed instructions, you may check this article under Opt out of a secondary stateAbout multistate employment payroll situations.

Once done, I recommend getting in touch with our Payroll Support Team to opt out the multistate.

For the support's contact information:

1. Go to: https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/?infosrc=qs&service=64&infosrc=qs&infosrc=qs&infosrc=qs&i....
  2. Click on Contact Us.
  3. Select Payroll.
  4. Click on View Contact Info.

Don't hesitate to add a comment below if you have any other payroll concerns. I'm always here to help!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us