cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Run Payroll button not working

The Workers screen to run Payroll looks like the attached file. It appears to be something wrong with the page loading correctly with JavaScript/Bootstrap but don't know how to work around the issue? 

I have been having this problem for many weeks, and Support has said the problem has been escalated but nothing has been done. 

7 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Run Payroll button not working

Hello there, @kenosmith.

Let's perform some troubleshooting steps that can help us isolate this and get your Run Payroll button work. 

Try logging into your QBO account using a different or a private browser. There are times that the browser is full of frequently accessed page resources, thus causing some errors and/or unusual responses.

To use a private browser, here's how: 

• Google Chrome: Ctrl + Shift + N
  • Mozilla Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Internet Explorer: Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Safari: Command + Shift + N

If it works, return to your default browser and perform clear cache to remove temporary internet files on your computer.

If this doesn’t work, I recommend contacting our QuickBooks Customer Care team again. I understand that you've already contacted them before but only their team can check the status of your case and help you further.

Keep in touch with us here in the Community and let us know how it goes on your end. I'll be around if you need any help.

Experienced Member

Incognito doesn't work either, also have tried Shift + F5 and no luck either to refresh page contents. Online help has proven no results, have been in contact with them over the last 6 weeks with no positive results. I get "under research" and other answers that don't solve the problem. Eventually the page loads sometime throughout many efforts of trying to reload page, later at night, but that is not a satisfactory solution for something that is being paid for. 

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to the QuickBooks Community, @kenosmith.

Allow me to join this thread and help provide some information about unable to run payroll in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

Unable to run payroll is a known issue in QBO. As of now, we haven't received any updates if when this will be resolved but rest assured that our engineers are currently investigating and working on an immediate fix. 

While we're continuing to work on resolving this issue, I encourage you to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team so they can add you to our notification list of affected users to receive live email updates about this issue. 

Here's how you can contact our live support:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
  2. Select Help (question mark icon) at the top right.
  3. Select Contact us to connect with a live support agent.

For additional reference, you may check these articles: 

We appreciate your patience as we work through this. If you have other questions about the QuickBooks payroll, please let me know. I'll be around to help you out. 

Experienced Member

I would like to know what your definition of immediate fix is, I first reported this problem through the suggested path already 6 weeks ago. That is not immediate. I find it hard to believe this is really being worked on, otherwise a company would have this working sooner. 

Experienced Member

The Help articles you referenced are worthless. It's hard to click on Run payroll, when the button does not do anything. I know how to run payroll in the system, but I can't do it if the system does not work. This is not a matter of educating your users, this is a matter of fixing the system, and I find it rather insulting that you suggest the articles when you note that there is a problem with the system.

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @kenosmith,

Welcome back to our forum.  Allow me to chime in for a moment and share some updates about your payroll issue.

Going through multiple troubleshooting steps and not having any of them work can be a real pain, most especially when you're working with payroll. I've looked into the issue, and have found that our engineers are still working to implement the fix.

We haven't got any update yet of the turn around time on when this issue gets resolved. I’ll make sure to keep you updated once we receive any notification from our Support Team.

In the meantime, you can use our QuickBooks Payroll App so you can process your paychecks seamlessly. Since you already have an active subscription to QuickBooks Payroll, you can simply download the app to get started.

To know more about how this works, please visit this link: QuickBooks Payroll App

I appreciate your patience with this ongoing case.  Please don't hesitate to mention me anytime. I'm here to whenever you have additional questions about the issue.

Experienced Member

Thank you, finally a workaround that works as suggested.