cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cballinger
Level 2

Scheduled Payroll

Hello - I ran a Scheduled Payroll this morning and after printing the checks, I noticed that the Pay Date was incorrect.  I paniced and VOIDED the checks and re-ran the Scheduled Payroll.  Now it shows that I paid 8 employees with 4 still needing to be processed.  I only have 4 employees and when I look at the Employees tab it shows 1 check being printed and 1 check voided.  I can't figure out how to get rid of the notification.  All of my payroll taxes seem correct.

I am using QB2017 with Enhanced Payroll service.

Cathy

Solved
Best answer February 25, 2019

Best Answers
KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Scheduled Payroll

Thanks for the prompt response, @cballinger

I’d like to provide additional insight.

You need to delete the voided paychecks for QuickBooks to recognize that there are only 4 people that receive payment this pay period. Here’s how:
1.    Go to the Employees menu and select the Employee Center.
2.    Select the Transactions tab.
3.    Double-click the voided paycheck to open it.
4.    Click Delete at the top.
5.    Hit Save & Close.

For more information, please check our Delete a Paycheck section in this article: Delete or void employee paychecks.

Once done, the system should now show the correct number of paychecks issued for this pay period.

That’s it! Let me know if you have any questions working with QuickBooks, I’ll be more than happy to help. Thanks for dropping by and take care!

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Scheduled Payroll

Good day, @cballinger.

Thanks for bringing this matter to my attention. I’m here to help you get rid of the payroll notification in QuickBooks Desktop.

After voiding the incorrect checks and re-sending payroll, the notification should no longer appear on your end. Let’s work together to fix the issue. 

There’s possible data damage on the company file resulting in this notification showing after processing payroll. Let’s run the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility tool to resolve the problem. Here’s how:

To Rebuild Data:
1.    Go to the File menu.
2.    Choose Utilities, then select Rebuild Data.
3.    Select OK on the QuickBooks Information window.
4.    Follow the prompt to save a backup.
5.    When you see Rebuild has completed, click OK.

To Verify Data:
1.    Go to the File menu.
2.    Choose Utilities, then select Verify Data.
3.    If you see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, click OK. You can continue using the company file.
4.    If Verify finds an issue with your data, you’ll be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors.
5.    Select Close.

For more information, you may take a look at this article: Resolve data damage on your company file.

That should do it. Please give this a try and let me know if it corrects the issue, it’s my priority to get this resolved. Thanks for reaching out. I’ll keep an eye out for your response. 

cballinger
Level 2

Scheduled Payroll

Thanks, KhimG.  The notification is now gone, but it still shows that I paid 8 people for this payperiod.  I think this might only become an issue when I report my Quarterly SUI. 

Thoughts?

KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Scheduled Payroll

Thanks for the prompt response, @cballinger

I’d like to provide additional insight.

You need to delete the voided paychecks for QuickBooks to recognize that there are only 4 people that receive payment this pay period. Here’s how:
1.    Go to the Employees menu and select the Employee Center.
2.    Select the Transactions tab.
3.    Double-click the voided paycheck to open it.
4.    Click Delete at the top.
5.    Hit Save & Close.

For more information, please check our Delete a Paycheck section in this article: Delete or void employee paychecks.

Once done, the system should now show the correct number of paychecks issued for this pay period.

That’s it! Let me know if you have any questions working with QuickBooks, I’ll be more than happy to help. Thanks for dropping by and take care!

cballinger
Level 2

Scheduled Payroll

Thanks, @KhimG problem resolved..!

I would not have thought to delete the paychecks once they were assigned a check number, but I guess the actual voided check and audit trail should justify everything with the accountant and Uncle Sam.

Thanks for your quick responses.  I was happy to get this resolved by EOB.

Best,

Cathy

AldrinS
QuickBooks Team

Scheduled Payroll

Greetings, cballinger.

I'm happy to know that everything has been resolved in a timely manner thanks to my colleague KhimG's answer!

The Community is full of experts possessing knowledge in all facets of QuickBooks, so please reach out to us here if there's anything you need. We're always happy to help you along your road to victory. Wishing you and your business continued success.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us