cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob_jordan
Level 1

Set my company file to use manual calculations link broken, what now?

I would like to set my company file up to process payroll manually.  I have done this previously.  I used a link that set my company file to use manual calculations.  That link is currently broken. 

I have seen directions in another post on this discussion board about a workaround that removes a [SELFHELPPLUGIN] from a QBW.ini file.  I tried that workaround and it did not fix the problem.  See attachment for process followed.  

What can I do to solve this problem?  This is a known problem by Intuit.  Does anyone know of a solution?  Have you tried it out?

1 Comment 1
PreciousB

Set my company file to use manual calculations link broken, what now?

Welcome to QuickBooks Community, rob_jordan.

I want to thank you for providing me with the complete details of your concern and a screenshot. I also appreciate you for sharing the steps you've tried. Knowing so will help us isolate the problem.

You're right that we have an ongoing issue wherein the links for setting up manual calculation for payroll in QuickBooks Desktop are broken. Our engineers will release a fix as soon as possible. 

Since you've already tried the recommended workaround, I suggest contacting our QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Customer Care. They have the resources and tools to help you set up manual payroll in QuickBooks.

Here's how to contact us:

1. Open QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Click Help at the top and choose QuickBooks Desktop Help or press F1 on your keyboard.
  3. On the Have a Question? screen, scroll down and select the QuickBooks support representative.
  4. Choose QuickBooks Desktop, then select Payroll.
  5. Select your payroll product.
  6. Click the Chat with us link.

The screenshots below show these steps as well.

image.pngimage.png

That information should get you on the right track. It's my priority that this is resolved for you, so please let me know how it goes. I'll be keeping an eye out for your response. Have a good one.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us