cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Turning On Payroll

Every time I click the icon to "turn on payroll" Quickbooks opens my Safari browser (version 12.0.3) and tells me to log in to intuit online payroll.  When I enter my user & password it takes me to a page that says "please update your browser" (Safari 6.1 or higher).  Well I have 12.0.3, what's the problem?  Why can't I link Quickbooks Desktop for MAC to Intuit Online Payroll?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Turning On Payroll

This may be a browser issue, nosrettap.

Please try accessing Intuit Online Payroll outside of QuickBooks. If you can access it successfully, you'll want to update the program's release version.

To manually update QuickBooks for Mac, you must uninstall and reinstall the software.

1. Uninstall QuickBooks for Mac.
    1. Close QuickBooks.
    2. From the Finder menu (search bar) on the upper right corner of your screen, click Go, and then Applications.
    3. Click the QuickBooks icon and drag/move it to the Trash.
  2. Reinstall the latest version.
    1. Go to QuickBooks Product Updates.
    2. Click [Change] to select your QuickBooks Desktop version.
    3. Click the Download button to download the installer file to your computer.
    4. Double-click the downloaded .dmg file.
    5. Drag the QuickBooks Desktop icon to the Applications folder to install

Once done, try accessing payroll inside QuickBooks again.

Give us a call if you need further assistance. You can use this link to speak with one of our phone support agents: https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/?infosrc=qs&service=64&topics=true.

I'll be here if you have more questions.