cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Em717
Level 1

User acess to specif accounts

We are currently using the Enterprise Desktop version and looking for a different version.  I want to give a new user full access.  However, I want to restrict the access to the Equity account to the total balance only - we are a partnership.  Essentially this person would not be able to create and view the transactions to each partner's accounts and not see the balance in each partner's account - only the total equity balance.

Is this possible with any other QB version?

3 Comments 3
JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @Em717.

I'm here to help provide some insights about the user access in QuickBooks Desktop. 

When adding a user in QuickBooks, you have an option for selective access in some areas in QuickBooks. Let me walk you through the steps:

1. At the top menu bar, click Company.
  2. Go to Users.
  3. Select Set Up Users and Roles... 
  4. Highlight the user, then select Edit...
  5. On the Available Roles, select the transactions that you want to Add on the Assigned Roles which user can access. 
  6. Click OK

For additional reference, you can check this article: QuickBooks Desktop Users and Restrictions

To ensure you have the QuickBooks version that will suit your need, I encourage you to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They will be the one to provide further information about the different versions of QuickBooks.

Here's how to contact our customer support:

1. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu.
  2. You can also press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the same Help Panel. 
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

That should do it! Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any other questions about the user access. Wishing you and your business continued success. 

Mody
Level 1

I need to let every 2 or three users have authorized access to specific class which is prevent to access for other users on QB online advance and vise versa 

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

Class is not a function you may assign to specific user. It is just a tagging for reporting purpose. It is better you create a particular company file for each branch.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us