cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vacation or PTO Accural

I am switching to QB from a specialized construction accounting software.  We currently accrue vacation time at the rate of .93 per weekly pay period (48.36 hours per year).  QB won't let me enter .93.  It converts it to .56 which would only give them 29.12 for a year.  How to I resolve this input issue?

5 Comments 5
AlcaeusF

Vacation or PTO Accural

Hello JVan1,

Thanks for posting in the Community. I'm here to help provide information on why the vacation time rate converts to .56 in QuickBooks Desktop.

The result when you enter the amount will depend on the time format set up under the Preferences window. You can either choose the Decimal or Minutes option when entering payroll information.

Here's how you can change the time format:

1. Click the Edit tab at the top menu bar.
  2. Select Preferences.
  3. Click General.
  4. Go to the Company Preferences tab.
  5. Below Time Format, choose Decimal.
  6. Click OK.

You can also check the article below for additional reference about setting up time tracking preferences (scroll-down to OPTIONAL: To set up the time format):

Set up time tracking preferences

Just in case you need visual preference, please check attached screenshots below.

I'm here anytime you need more help concerning the process. You can reach out to me by posting a response below.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vacation or PTO Accural

Got it!  Thanks so much!

qbteachmt
Level 15

Vacation or PTO Accural

You can enter it with either format, but you need to use the Punctuation that matters. QB Preference is your choice for telling QB to display it as, which requires conversion if you use a different format for entry than display.

You can enter Either of these:

8:15

And you tell QB how you want QB to display it. Because these are equivalent. One is Horus:Minutes, and the other is Hours.Decimal Hours.

:56 = 56 minutes = 56/60 = .93333 decimal hours

AREY2019
Level 1

Vacation or PTO Accural

WHY IS THE NEW VIEW MY PAYCHECK NOT SHOW MY VACATION AND PTO? I MESSAGED CUSTOMER SERVICE 2 WEEKS AGO AND NOTHING?

Mark_R
QuickBooks Team

Vacation or PTO Accural

I'm glad you reach out to us, @AREY2019.

Let's review your sign in information to view your vacation and PTO accrual in ViewMyPaycheck.

There haven't been any changes made with how the paychecks and W-2 are reflected in ViewMyPaycheck. You can have your information double checked in the sign-in instructions.

Here's how:

1. Go to  https://paychecks.intuit.com.
  2. Click Sign Up.
  3. Enter your email address. If you get a message that says You already have an Intuit account associated with this user ID, click the Sign In link and sign in to your existing Intuit account.
  4. Then, skip to step 8.
  5. Otherwise, create and confirm a password you'll use when signing in to ViewMyPaycheck.
  6. Pick a security question.
  7. Click Sign Up.
  8. Enter your SSN and the net pay from your last paycheck.
  9. Click All Done!.

For more information about ViewMyPaycheck, just look into this article: Set Up Online Pay Stub Access for Employees.

That should provide you with information about your concern. Feel free to click the Reply button if you have other question about managing your payroll information. I'll be around if you need me.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us