cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Verifying total credit tips

Is there a way to check total tips before "creating paychecks"?  I cross check the total hours before completing the checks, but can't seem to find a way to check tips before creating the checks.  

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Verifying total credit tips

Hey there, @jennrobe,

Welcome and thanks for visiting our forums. I can share some steps on how to view your total tips in QuickBooks Desktop.

We can customize a Payroll Detail Review report to get the information you need before you create your payroll checks. Here's how to do that:

1. Go to the Reports menu.
  2. Select Employees & Payroll.
  3. Choose Payroll Detail Review.
  4. Click the Customize Report tab.
  5. Tap the Display tab and select the date range from drop down list or fill in the From and To dates.
  6. In the Filters tab, choose Payroll Item from the Filter section. Select Multiple payroll items in the Payroll Item drop-down. (See screenshot.)
  7. Select the Tips item(s) you want to view. (See screenshot.)
    tips.PNG

8. Once done, click OK twice.

The report will show you a per employee view of the tips item added to their paycheck. You can also save the report, so you do not have to go through the customization process again. Here's how:

1. At the top, click the Memorize button.
  2. Fill out the Name field.
  3. (Optional) Click the Save in Memorized Report Group box if you want to save it on a specific group, or the Share this report template with others to save it on the Contributed tab.
  4. Hit OK.

To access the report again, go to the Reports menu and clicking Memorized Reports. Here's a great article you can check out: Create, access and modify memorized reports

That should get your work done, @jennrobe. Please update me if you need further help with QuickBooks. I'm here to assist you whenever you need a hand. Have a good one!