cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andpixels
Level 1

We are no longer a business in the state of MO but we still have Income Tax payments of $0 to pay & file. How do we remove these notifications as we are in a new state?

5 Comments 5
JenoP

We are no longer a business in the state of MO but we still have Income Tax payments of $0 to pay & file. How do we remove these notifications as we are in a new state?

I'll show you how you can remove the notifications, andpixels.

We have to archive the MO quarterly tax form to remove the notification. Please follow these steps:

1. Go to the Taxes menu and select Payroll Tax.
  2. Click Quarterly Forms under the Forms section.
  3. Select the MO tax form by clicking on it.
  4. Click the Archive button to archive the form.

You also need to record a 0 payment to remove the payment notification. Here's how:

1. Click the Pay Taxes button under the Payroll Tax tab.
  2. Look for the 0 tax amount and click the Record Payment link beside it.
  3. Make sure the amount is 0, then click Record payment.
  4. Click Skip for Now.

In addition, let's make the MO work location inactive so the notification will no longer show up on the next quarter. Here's how:

1. Go to the Gear icon and click Payroll Settings.
  2. Click Work Locations under Company and Account.
  3. Click the location that belongs to MO.
  4. Check the box for Inactive.
  5. Click Save.

Please keep me posted if you have follow-up questions. I'll be around to help you again.

archive.PNG

archive 2.PNG

archive 3.PNG

archive 4.PNG

archive 5.PNG

archive 6.PNG

andpixels
Level 1

All Quarterly tax payments were already archived. 

Paid all the $0 amounts for backed MO taxes. 

However, the Missouri tax e-pay and e-file setup were still activated https://cl.ly/a4e865592ae5

JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to this thread, @andpixels.

I'm here to guide you to the right support so you can get the help you need. 

I appreciate you for following the steps provided by my colleague JenoP. To further assists you, I encourage you to contact our QuickBooks Online Support Team so they can take a look at your account and disable the e-pay and e-file that was set up for Missouri payroll taxes. 

Here's how you can contact our customer support:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
  2. Select Help (question mark icon) at the top right.
  3. Select Contact us to connect with a live support agent.

For future reference, you can visit this article: Payroll Tax Compliance

Please know that you're always welcome to post if you have any other questions about the Payroll tax in QBO. We're always got your back. 

andpixels
Level 1

I have already disabled them. What else do I need to do?

BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

I appreciate your prompt response, @andpixels.

I want to ensure you'll be able to remove the tax notification that is showing up on your end.

Disabling and archiving the MO tax forms should eliminate the tax notification on your QuickBooks. Since the issue persists after trying the given steps above, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Customer Care Team. This team is the best resource for such concerns as they have the ability to do a remote viewing session that can help verify what's causing the issue. 

Also, here are some good articles that you can check out about archiving forms and changing primary state in QuickBooks Online for your future reference: 

This should get you pointed in the right direction.

Feel free to reach back out to me should you need anything else about QuickBooks. I'd be happy to help you out. Have a great day ahead.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us