cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
texasdoc
Level 1

Which software do I need

I am a physician.  I am paid a daily rate via 1099. My business is set up as "Professional Association" in Texas (essentially an LLC for a physician) and for tax purposes I am classified as an S-Corp (with one employee--myself).  I am switching jobs from a company that did most of the back end accounting stuff (general accounting, payroll, logging business expenses, etc) on my behalf to now a completely independent entity.  

I am trying to figure out which Quickbooks software I would need to keep track of accounting, business expenses, retirement/solo 401k, HSA, health insurance, and year end statements (Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, General Ledger).  I would prefer to pay one price up front (vs subscription fees) and primarily use MAC (but have access to PC). 

I also may need payroll software since I pay myself a W-2 employee salary and K-1 distributions and would be processing my own payroll (trying to decide if I should use software for this to do it myself or just farm it out to an inexpensive payroll company--quickbooks payroll software packages seem more expensive from a monthly payment standpoint--the payroll company I used with my old job charged me $50-55/month for service).

I use Turbotax Business to do my corporate tax report (thus, Turbotax could create a W-2 and K-1 at the end of the year for me?).

I feel that this is hopefully a pretty easy setup, but I just don't have any idea about where to start doing all of this accounting/payroll on my own.

Thanks in advance for your responses and if you need any info for clarification, please let me know.

2 Comments 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which software do I need

hi @ texasdoc ,

Frankly I don't familiar with your specific needs. But I believe you should consider to use QuickBooks 2019 for Mac. Intuit provides the trial license as well.

IF you need more feature, you have to consider to use QuickBooks 2019 Premier edition. You could choose "Professional Service" option as your industry during installation. Unfortunately you have to install a supporting application like Parallels to run this edition on your Mac.

Hope it helps.

MaryLandT

Which software do I need

Thanks for reaching out to me here in the Intuit Community, @texasdoc.

I appreciate you sharing these information to help me understand your concern for today. 

QuickBooks Online and Desktop are small businesses accounting software that offer a payroll service to help pay employees. These software help you track your business,  payroll expenses and file your returns, such as W-2 form.

However, these software doesn't support K-1 form. You may need to continue using your TurboTax account to file your K-1 form.

I've added this link to help you choose which software you want to pick for your business needs: QuickBooks products.

Let me know if there's anything else you need and I'd be glad to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us