cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why is there a charge each time payroll is done? We don't use direct deposit.

Why are we charged each time we run payroll if we don't use direct deposit? We actually cut checks in office.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Why is there a charge each time payroll is done? We don't use direct deposit.

Hi there, @Tonya3,

There's a charge per payroll if you're subscribed to QuickBooks Desktop Assisted Payroll (Full service) regardless of whether you send payroll through Direct Deposit or not. You can go to this link for your guidance and check under Full Service section: https://payroll.intuit.com/desktop-payroll/.

If you're subscribed to other payroll service, such as Basic and Enhanced, I recommend chatting our QuickBooks Payroll Team. By doing so, they can help check the charges in a secure environment.

Here's how:

1. From the Help menu, select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  2. Click QuickBooks support.
    contactus1.PNG
  3. Select your QuickBooks Desktop product.
  4. Select Continue as a guest.
    contactus2.PNG
  5. Click the Payroll link on the I have a question about Payroll/ Payments section.
    contactus3.PNG
  6. Select your payroll service.
  7. Select Payroll from the left menu.
  8. Click Chat with us.
    contactus4.PNG

If you're using QuickBooks Online Payroll, you can our contact customer support through this link: Contact the QuickBooks Online Customer Support team.

That will answer your concern for today about payroll charges.

If you need to enter tax payments made outside your payroll service, feel free to read through these articles: 

Feel free to leave a comment if there's anything else I can help your payroll and I'd be glad to help.