cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Contributor *

Writing checks after Timesheet Entry

I have entered time sheets for my employees, with hours allocated towards specific jobs.  They don't need to be billable.  When I got to write the check for the employees, it used to prompt me to pull the data over from the timesheets to populate the checks.  It no longer does this.  Is there a setting I need to change?  I have gone back to reconfirm that the time sheets are entered correctly and were saved.   When I enter in the employee name, the pop up asking if I want to use the timesheet data does not appear, just a blank check that I need to fill in.  

3 Comments
BRC
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Writing checks after Timesheet Entry

The prompt / message is based on whether or not the employees are marked to use time for payroll.

Community Contributor *

So I just realized they are in our system as Vendors, not employees.  But nothing has changed about their setting since 2 weeks ago when I wrote their last checks.  The time sheet info is being pulled from a sync with the TSheets system.  I sync the programs, I enter/validate the time sheets, and then write the checks.  Is there another setting I should be looking for?

QuickBooks Team

Hello, accontractors.

Allow me to help you sync the timesheet entry when writing checks in QuickBooks Desktop.

To sync the timesheets information when writing checks in QuickBooks Desktop, ensure that you're selecting the correct pay period.

To sync between QuickBooks Desktop and TSheets:

1. In QuickBooks Desktop, do one of the following:
    • (From the Home screen) Select Enter Time Sync TSheets
    • Go to the Customers menu then select Enter Time > Sync TSheets
    • Go to the Employees menu then select Enter Time > Sync TSheets
  2. A sync is performed and will update or add any new information from QuickBooks into TSheets, and send Approved timesheets from TSheets to QuickBooks.

To know more about TSheets in QuickBooks Desktop, check out this recommended article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/TSheets-Integration-with-QuickBooks-Desktop-fo....

For additional help, you can also reach out to our QuickBooks Desktop Support. They have additional tools to assist you in getting this resolved.

1. Within your QuickBooks Desktop, click Help at the top menu bar.
  2. Click Contact us.
  3. To route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have. Give a brief description of your issue and click Continue.
  4. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you

You can always get back to me if you have other concerns about writing checks and entering time in QuickBooks Desktop. Have a great day!