cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

direct deposit

Ok guys, I'm confused.  Does it cost extra money when using direct deposit? My software is showing it costs $1.75 per transaction, but I can't find anything else about it. I have tried looking it up else where, but all I can find is the answers to questions about quickbooks online. I am using Quickbooks Desktop Pro 2019.

Any help would be apprenticed!

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: direct deposit

I'll discuss how much direct deposit costs in QuickBooks, dunlaprestaurant.

For the old payroll subscriptions (Enhanced payroll for unlimited employees), there's an additional cost for direct deposit which $1.75. For the usage based subscriptions (payroll with $2 per employee per month fee), the direct deposit service is already free.

To check the payroll service that you're using, just press CTRL + K on your keyboard. You can also click Employees > My Payroll Service > Manage Service Keys. In the QuickBooks Service Keys window, verify your payroll subscription under the Service Name column. If it says QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll for Unlimited Employees, this means you have the old service. This is why you see a $1.75 fee on your software.

You can refer to these articles to learn more about how direct deposit works:

I hope these cleared things out for you. If you have follow-up questions, just let me know.

Experienced Member

Thanks for your quick response. When I follow the steps, it says I have Quickbooks Enchanced Payroll. Does that mean it will cost the fee per transaction?

QuickBooks Team

Welcome to the Community, dunlaprestaurant.

I'm here to provide a piece of additional information about direct deposit payroll in QuickBooks Desktop.

As discussed by my peer SophiaAnnL above, there's an additional cost for direct deposit which $1.75. Since Intuit Community is a peer user forum, I won't be able to check your account without asking for sensitive information.

For security purposes, it would be best if you contact our Customer Care Team. They have the necessary tools to check and verify the charge.

Here's how you can contact us:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

For further questions, feel free to leave a reply below. I'd be more than willing to lend a hand.