cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vpcirc
Level 1

how can I check my efile pin

I received my e-file pin for federal forms. They are all getting rejected saying my pin doesn't match my ein. I cannot find anywhere how to check if I entered the number correctly. It's absolutely crazy. Can someone please tell me where to look? The instructions from quickbooks say to check it, but they must think I'm a mind reader as they don't bother to tell you how.  

3 Comments 3
JenoP

Hi there, vpcirc.

The password vault for e-filing is encrypted. This means we're not able to check what pin were entered when you submitted the forms. Let's re-submit your tax forms and make sure to type in the 10 digit numeric PIN.

You can also contact the IRS E-File Help Desk at 866-255-0654 for further assistance about your pin. Here's an article for more details: Reasons IRS E-File/E-Payments Reject.

Visit us again in the Community if you have other questions. 

clkm
Level 1

I got a message that my payroll liabilities was rejected in e-file because my password has expired.

I went on the IRS site to reset, but I need my 4 digit pin to reset and I am out of town.   Is there somewhere in QuickBooks Payroll setup that I can find the pin.   ???

Thanks,

Christine Minnich

Mich_S
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @clkm.

Thank you for reaching out to us. Let me give you information about getting an E-pay pin.

QuickBooks doesn't have the option of generating a pin for the E-pay login. However, you can visit the EFTPS webpage and go to the Login section: I can't find my pin. This way, you can contact EFTPS and get some help from them.

I'm also adding this handy article: Update your EFTPS Internet password.

Please let me know if I can be of any help. Stay safe and have a good one!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us