cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

manual paycheck

How do I enter a manual Paycheck in QB Enhanced payroll?

Solved
Best answer April 14, 2019

Best Answers
JessT

manual paycheck

Hi 3268!

I'll be happy to walk you through creating paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.

1. From the Employees menu, select Pay Employees.
  2. Select the name of the employee.
  3. Click the Open Paycheck Detail button (or fill in the information in the excel row along the employee's name and hit Continue).
  4. Enter the details of the payroll and click Save & Close.
  5. Click Continue and hit Create Paychecks.

For additional reference, you can check out this article: Create paychecks. You may also press F1 to lunch the Help window, and type the topic that you need help with. Example: create paychecks.

Please let us know if you need more help.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
JessT

manual paycheck

Hi 3268!

I'll be happy to walk you through creating paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.

1. From the Employees menu, select Pay Employees.
  2. Select the name of the employee.
  3. Click the Open Paycheck Detail button (or fill in the information in the excel row along the employee's name and hit Continue).
  4. Enter the details of the payroll and click Save & Close.
  5. Click Continue and hit Create Paychecks.

For additional reference, you can check out this article: Create paychecks. You may also press F1 to lunch the Help window, and type the topic that you need help with. Example: create paychecks.

Please let us know if you need more help.

Kathleen64
Level 1

manual paycheck

Hi,

The information in Quickbooks for an employee was incorrect and he wasn't paid the full amount. Is my procedure any different or do I set up for print check to make up the difference and how do I update the payroll system to show this update?

Rea_M

manual paycheck

Keeping your employee information In QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) Payroll is my priority, @Kathleen64.

You'll have to create an Unscheduled Payroll to pay your employee the full amount and make up for the difference. This is applicable when you need to issue a paycheck outside of your regular pay schedule. Then, the payroll system will automatically show the update on their account. To do this, here's how:

1. Go to the Employees menu.
  2. Select Pay Employees, and then choose Unscheduled Payroll.
  3. Verify the Pay Period Ends date, Check Date, and Bank Account the money is drawn from.
  4. Choose the name of the employee. Then, select Open Paycheck Detail to see the employee's paycheck details. Click Save & Close to go back to the Enter Payroll Information window.
  5. When the checks are ready to be created, select Continue
  6. Review the Check/Direct Deposit printing options.
  7. Verify the amounts, and select Create Paychecks
  8. Print Paychecks and Print Pay Stubs now or later if desired.

Once you're done, you can run the Payroll Summary report. this way, you're able to view your employee's total wages, deductions, contributions, and taxes. Go to the Reports menu and select the Employees & Payroll option.

Also, I'm adding this article to further guide you in managing your employees and payroll account with QBDT Payroll: QuickBooks Help Articles. It includes topics about editing payroll, benefits, and liabilities, to name a few.

Please know that you're always welcome here in the Community if you have other payroll concerns. You can drop a comment below, and I'll gladly help. Take care, and have a wonderful day, @Kathleen64.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us