cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

payroll

Our payroll does not seem to be calculating the correct social security, medicare and federal tax payments correctly. Also, they do not populate over to our payroll summary exactly as they are taken out.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: payroll

You've reached the right support, doublehearthealing.

Let's get this working for you. I want to make sure your payroll taxes are calculating correctly in QuickBooks Desktop.

There are several factors affecting the incorrect calculation of your payroll taxes. First, your tax table version may be outdated. For the steps on how to update your tax table, you can check out his article: Tax table latest release version.

Also, you'll want to make sure that your employee payroll set up is correct. This is to ensure accurate calculation of wages and tax amounts. To check this, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to Employee tab.
  2. Click Employee Center.
  3. Select the Payroll Info tab.
  4. Verify the correct information and click OK.

Otherwise, we can run a few payroll reports to review your employees payroll data. Please check out this article for detailed troubleshooting step options: QuickBooks Desktop calculates wages and/or payroll taxes incorrectly.

Once you're able to identify the discrepancy, you can now manually adjust your employee's payroll liabilities. Check out this article to learn more: Adjust payroll liabilities.

If you require assistance in doing this, you can get in touch with our Care Support Team. They'll be able to take a closer look and help you retrieve your license number.

Here's how you can get in touch with them:

1. Go to this link https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/?infosrc=qs&service=16.
  2. Click Payroll.
  3. Click View Contact Info.

That's it. I'm just a post away if you need more help with this. I'm always happy to help.