cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

payroll

I received an email that 4 FORMER employees' bank account information was added for Direct Deposit. All four haven't worked here for years and are marked INACTIVE. Why am I receiving this email? Where did that info come from?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: payroll

Thanks for taking the time to post here in the Community, @Arupert4702

I value your business and the trust you’ve put in us. At Intuit, your data security and privacy always comes first.

I'll share some steps you can do to check the email you've received about your four inactive employees' bank account information.

Let's first review the inactive employees' payroll info to see if they are added for direct deposit (DD). Here's how: 

1. Go to the Employees menu at the top. 
  2. Select Employee Center
  3. On the Employees drop-down, select All Employees
  4. Double-click the employee's name. 
  5. On the Edit Employee window, go to Payroll Info from the left menu. 
  6. Click Direct Deposit
  7. Check if they still have an active DD information. 
  8. If active, you can remove them from the setup by clearing the Use Direct Deposit for: box on each employee. 

For more details, you can check out this article: Set Up, Edit, and Remove Direct Deposit for Employees.

If you've verified that they haven't added for DD, please go to our Online Security Center page. You can scroll down to the Security Alerts box so you can see the current and reported security alerts associated with scam emails.

If you're unable to find an associated security alert, I'd suggest contacting our QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Customer Support Team. They can help you confirm if the email is from Intuit or a possible phishing email that needs to be forwarded to our security team for assessment. Here's how:

1. Go to https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/?infosrc=qs&service=16.
  2. Select Basic, Standard and Enhanced.
  3. Choose Payroll.
  4. Click Chat with Us.

For more information, please see this article: Recognize Spam Emails. You can also check out this useful article to make sure you receive important email messages from Intuit

This will get the information you need for today, @Arupert4702

I'm here anytime you have other concerns. Have a great day.