cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

reactivate subscription alert

I keep seeing a red alert on my home page saying "reactivate subscription," even after going to Employees>My Payroll Service > Account/Billing.  I have called QB Payroll 6 times now and they have fixed it each time, and it is always a temporary fix.  This affects the payroll taxes taken out of paychecks, so it prevents me from writing paychecks correctly.   I am on Desktop Pro Plus 2019. 

4 Comments

Re: reactivate subscription alert

How did they fix it and how did you contact payroll support?  I am experiencing the same issue but I have not found anything online and cannot reach anyone by phone.

QuickBooks Team

Hi all!

The payroll alert message will show up if the automatic renewal wasn't successful. This can also happen if the system was not able to charge the monthly usage fee due to outdated billing information. 

Depending on the exact message that you're getting, follow the steps in this article to help you resolve the issue: Update Or Renew Your Subscription.

You can also follow these steps to contact our Payroll Support Team:

1. Log in to QuickBooks.
  2. Go to the Help menu and select QuickBooks Help.
  3. Click Contact Us.

The Community is always here if you have other questions. 

We are having the same exact problem. I need help! Who did you call?

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining the conversation, @Susanne1,

Allow me to chime in and share some details about the reactivation alert on your QuickBooks homepage.

JenoP is correct. You can get subscription alerts when:

• QuickBooks is not updated.
  • If the automatic renewal isn't successful, or the credit card or bank account on file is outdated.
  • Intuit is having trouble getting authorization with your payroll billing information.
  • You're using an incorrect Payroll tax table version.

To get past this, you can follow the steps provided by JenoP in his answer above. You can also verify the status of your payroll subscription through these steps:

1. Go to the Employees tab.
  2. Choose My Payroll Service.
  3. Select Manage Service Key.
  4. In the Status column, verify if it says Active.
  5. You can also view your subscription status by pressing Ctrl + K on your keyboard.
  6. If the status says Active, click the Edit button.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Uncheck the Open Payroll Setup - I want to start right tick box.
  9. Click Finish.

Take a look at this article to know more about the Payroll subscription alerts and how to fix them: Update or Renew Your Subscription.

If you're getting the same problem after following the recommended steps, it is best to get in touch with our Payroll Care Team. Here's how:

1. On your QuickBooks Home Page, click the Help menu.
  2. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  3. Hit the Contact us icon on the pop-up window.

That should connect you to our live support agents, @Susanne1. There they can check your account in a secure environment, and can help you identify what's causing this unexpected behavior in QuickBooks.

Please update me in how it goes. I'm here if you need further assistance with your QuickBooks account. Have a great day!