cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

time tracking for payroll

I use QB Premier Professional Services Edition 2018 Desktop with Enhanced Payroll. 

Our company offers paid sick leave and paid vacation leave.  I use the tracking system available in QuickBooks for this leave.  

Our company is preparing to begin a program for paid "community impact leave" that will allow employees to take paid leave to offer services to community non-profits, religious organizations, and schools.  The number of hours will vary based on the regularly scheduled hours per week and will expire at the end of the calendar year.  The employee will enter the number of hours in our time-tracking software that integrates with QuickBooks. 

Is there a way to track this in the payroll system? 

Thanks for any assistance. 

1 Comment
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: time tracking for payroll

Hello FinanceDGHT,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I'm here to help share some insight regarding tracking your new company program.

Right now, we can only track the sick and vacation leave of the employees in QuickBooks Desktop. Then for the accrual, you can set it to either Beginning of the year, Per period, or Every hour on a paycheck.

For now, the ability to track the new paid leave program and the hours per week is unavailable. We'll take note of this specific feature that you need for your business.

The future product updates for QuickBooks are mostly coming from the users so please stay tuned.

Feel free to get in touch with me here for any additional questions regarding your payroll. The Community is always ready to provide a helping hand.