joanne5
Level 1

unable to download payroll update

unable to download payroll updates

3 Comments 3
Adrian_A

Hi there, joanne5.

Are you seeing any prompt messages when you update your payroll?.

You'll want to update the QuickBooks program to fix any damaged components for payroll updates. 

Here's how:

1. In the QuickBooks Help menu, select Update QuickBooks.
  2. Go to the Update Now tab on the Update QuickBooks windows.
  3. Put a check mark in the Reset Update box.
  4. Select Get Updates.
  5. Afterwards, restart QuickBooks. When prompted, accept the option to install the new release.

I have an article here for additional reference: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1769183-update-quickbooks-desktop-to-the-latest-release.

Let me know if you need further assistance, I'd be glad to help.

joescarcare
Level 2

My tax computation disabled because Desktop Payroll can't update.  Unable to contact a human.  Feeling kind of alone after using this software for 25 years.  Please help.  Thanks, Joe

ZackE

Hi there, joescarcare. Thanks for reaching out to the Community. I'd be happy to help.

Your books might not be set up to automatically update, which prevents you from obtaining our latest tax table upon its release. It can be installed at a later time.

Here's how:

1. In the top menu bar, go to Employees, then Get Payroll Updates.
  2. Tick your Download Entire Update checkbox and select Download Latest Update.

If you're encountering any errors/etc. that prevent you from downloading a copy of it, you'll initially want to confirm you're using our latest release. You can also turn automatic updates on/off during this process if you'd like to.

In the event you're already using our most recent update, you'll want use your Verify Data utility to see if it can identify any common issues:

1. In the top menu, go to File, then Utilities.
  2. Click Verify Data.

After performing your data verification, there's a few things that can display:

• "Your data has lost integrity," - This indicates a company file is damaged. You can utilize your Rebuild Data option to correct the problem.
  • A specific error message. If it informs you of one, there may be a resource about how to handle it in our help article archives.

If your Verify Data tool shows a "QuickBooks detected no problems with your data," message, or there's no articles about an error it displayed, you can continue troubleshooting with the QuickBooks File Doctor.

In the event you still can't obtain a copy of our latest payroll update after troubleshooting, you'll want to contact our Customer Care Team for assistance. They'll be able to pull up your account in a secure environment, conduct further research, and create an investigation ticket if necessary.

They can be reached while you're using QuickBooks:

1. In your top menu bar, go to Help, then QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  2. Click Contact Us.
  3. Enter a brief description of the issue in our Ask a question (or tell us what's wrong) field.
  4. Hit Continue.
  5. You'll be provided with a few support options. Select We’ll contact you for callbacks or Message Us to start an instant messaging session.

Be sure to review their support hours so you'll know when agents are available.

I also noticed you'd mentioned that you're unable to contact Intuit. If you can't reach our Customer Care Team using the method above, they can be contacted outside of your books: QuickBooks Desktop - Contact Us

Please feel more than welcome to post a reply if there's any questions. Have a lovely day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us