cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

why doesn't the new Oregon Statewide Transit Tax show on the employee W2 for 2018? It has been deducting it correctly for each payroll...

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: why doesn't the new Oregon Statewide Transit Tax show on the employee W2 for 2018? It has bee...

Good day, cboyle14495,

I can share some information about the Oregon Statewide Transit Tax in the W-2 form.

Intuit follows the same guidelines and regulations mandated by different tax agencies to make sure all our customers are compliant with the tax updates.

Based on the online publication released by the State of Oregon, there isn’t currently a requirement to report the OR Statewide Transit Tax on the Federal Form W-2. If you'd like to get this added in the form, you'll have the option to manually report the transit tax in Box 14. 

Let me guide you how:

1. Go to the Employees tab and select Payroll Tax Forms & W-2s.
  2. Choose Process Payroll Forms.
  3. Double-click the Annual Form W-2/W-3 Wage and Tax Statement/Transmittal.
  4. Enter the correct year, then click on OK.
  5. Mark the employees you want to view.
  6. Click Review/Edit.
  7. Click the Form W-2 link at the top of the form.
  8. In Box 14, enter the transit tax description and the amount.
  9. Click the Check for errors button.

Once you fixed everything, you can now file the form. You may want to check your state website about filing the transit tax: https://www.oregon.gov/DOR/programs/businesses/pages/statewide-transit-tax.aspx

That should do it, . If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know. I'm here to get things done for you. All the best!