Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Jess W
Intuit

5 Reasons to Join The QB Community

Stocksy_txp4632b0c3Xtf100_Small.jpg 

Chances are you’re reading this post because you’re curious about our QuickBooks Community. If you like what we’re doing, we hope you’ll sign up as a member and join our active, engaged community. After all, we built it for small business owners just like you.

Here are our top 5 reasons to join the QB Community.

1. Our members are supportive

Sure, you work for yourself. But that doesn’t mean you have work by yourself. Whether you’re celebrating a new customer, solving an inventory problem or venting your frustration about a late payment, you’ll be cheered - or cheered up - by others in our supportive community.

“If I’m in the middle of my worst day ever and someone else is having a great day [in the Community], I remind myself tomorrow will be easier” — Danielle Vincent, soap maker and QB Community member.

1. Our members are resourceful

When you work for yourself, you have to figure out a lot of things on your own. This Community can help you find shortcuts for everything from tracking your finances and marketing your product to hiring employees and connecting with the perfect supplier.

“It’s helpful to compare notes with other business owners. We ask each other what’s working, what isn’t, what systems are best for shipping and how to source materials. Even though we own our own businesses, we can’t get all the answers on our own. The Internet is a helpful resource, but nothing replaces a recommendation from a person you know and trust” — Joanna Misunas, gift box curator and QB Community member.

1. Our members are caring

We all know running a business is complicated. But that doesn’t make it any easier to ask a question you worry might sound dumb. In this Community, there’s no such thing as a silly question. Here, you can get the answers you need without feeling intimidated or judged.

“Everyone in the QB Community is generous with information about their experiences and where they are on their journey. One thing that attracts me to this site is the way it’s OK to be vulnerable. The QB Community feels like a safe place to communicate honestly and build one-to-one relationships” - Lloyd Mabuto, website developer and QB Community member.

1. Our members know what it takes to succeed

As a small business owner, you’re probably used to juggling your side-gig with your full-time job - or you’re used to the 24/7 work cycle. Either way, you know it takes a certain mindset to make it as an entrepreneur. In this Community, we get it - which means we get you.  

“A business owner knows it takes hard work and sleepless nights to start a company. It means going against the flow, ignoring people who say your dream is impossible. A business owner calls one more person, checks one more resource, tries one more thing. An average person clocks out at 5 pm” — Pascal Depuhl, photographer and QB Community member.

1. Our members are a lot like you

Takes one to know one, right?

“I really love the energy of small business owners. These are individuals who are turning their passion into a livelihood. There is a sparkle and a magic to their experience, and the feeling is infectious!” - Dirk Franklin, inventor and QB Community member.

Before you go

We would love to hear about your business journey! Pop it in the comments below!

small.jpeg

Want to join in the discussion and become a QB Community member? Click HERE to sign up in a flash!

10 REPLIES 10
Jess W
Intuit

Hi @Shahji :) 

I came across this post and it's a great place for you to share your business story in the comments below. You could also mention what you want to bring to this community and inspire others here in the U.K.

I know you can bring a unique perspective to this community after chatting with you via private message! :) 

QB Community Home          Talk About Your Business 

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @Mollcons!

After learning more about what you do, I believe you could inspire others. You manage different projects and you're working on some great charity pieces too, you should spread awareness and share your journey below! Honestly, in this community, everyone is welcome.

No matter what stage of your business journey, everyone has something to offer.

Different perspectives are really interesting and they add value to this evergrowing QB Community!

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @simonsaidi,

Welcome to the U.K QB Community!

We would love to hear about your business journey! Pop it in the comments below!

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @TonyP,

Welcome to the QB Community!

In this safe, supportive online community, members share stories, build relationships and find resources and strategies to help them make smart business decisions. You’ll never feel intimidated asking a question, sharing about a struggle or celebrating a win. Our members love sharing what they know, commiserating about a tough day and cheering madly when things go well.

Also, I understood your concern with the VAT and your expenses for QBs, it's totally normal to have questions! Did my private message make sense? :) 

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @JVB1310,

Welcome to the UK QB Community! It's great to have you here.

I love your website and your customised Community profile, it's an awesome way to advertise your services.

Have you always been a partner at A & J Buffets? I would love to know more about what you do!

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, robinrosshhi!

Welcome the UK QuickBooks Community! It's great to have you here and I am glad you had your query resolved.

You said you were a musician at the weekends, that's amazing! Have you always done this? Why only at the weekends? :)

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, flc!

Welcome to the U.K QB Community! 

I love your profile images! And I also saw that you're a hair & make-up artist based in Dorset - that's amazing! How long have you been doing that for? :) 

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @kiddandbear

I hope things are well with you since we last spoke :) sounds like you have some great things coming up for your business!

Here is another post about the UK Community, some great reading material so you can read more information about what we're really about.  

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi,  @Bipouet_fr

Welcome to the U.K QB Community :)

I saw that you resolved your query, great news! 

The Community is much more than product help and support. It's an accommodating channel where people can share stories, build relationships, find answers and receive the resources they need to make better decisions and move onto their next opportunity.

I would love to learn more about what you do? Smiley Happy

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @MartinP

Welcome to the UK QB Community! :) 

I wanted to tag you in this post so you could read more about the Community and what we're really about. No question is a silly question here!

I would love to hear more about your business journey before becoming a small business partner Smiley Very Happy 

Find Inspiration     

Need to get in touch?

Contact us