Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
QBCommunityUK
Community Manager

Lucy & Nadia Took their Passion for Paper and Opened Luna Stationery

luna_headshots.pngNames: Lucy Watts & Nadia Matthews

Business: Luna Stationery

Launched: 2015

Lucy and Nadia, long-time friends and colleagues, combined their love for design and stationery to create Luna Stationery in London. These advertising producers still have their full-time jobs, so they work double-duty to get their brand of highly curated stationery out into the world. The dream is to one day open a brick-and-mortar shop.

How did you get started?

We really wanted to source items that you don't often see in other stationery shops. We did a lot of research online via ohsobeautifulpaper.com, a design blog, and on Etsy. We also went to trade and craft shows. Much of our inspiration came from items that we already owned, so we got in touch with the designers or suppliers directly and started ordering. Being creative people, we had a lot of fun designing our logo and creating the brand. After we were up and running online, we began taking our products to markets around London to raise awareness.

What does your typical workday look like?

Until we hit the big-time and can work solely on Luna Stationery, we are simultaneously working as producers and as small business owners. Much of our evenings and weekends are spent on Luna: taking photos of stock, planning Instagram posts, trading at London markets and always searching for cute new stock.

Picture1.jpg

What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned?

Starting a business is tough work, but we get so much enjoyment from being creative and being in charge of what we choose to sell. We've learned we must stay positive and true to what we set out to do. And we always make sure we laugh as hard as we work.

What’s next for your business?

We are still striving for the day when we can work full-time for Luna Stationery. We’d love our own brick-and-mortar shop where we imagine a world of amazing stationery, long hours and George Michael permanently on the stereo.

What do you want from a small business community?

We are looking forward to receiving feedback on our products and business, raising awareness about Luna Stationery by reaching a new market and, above all, the chance to learn loads of business tips so we can grow our company.

Picture2.jpg

Ready to be a part of an online business community to get virtual help and support from other small business owners like Lucy and Nadia? Join the QB Community!

1 REPLY 1
LeslieBarber
Level 6

Lucy & Nadia Took their Passion for Paper and Opened Luna Stationery

I love Lucy & Nadia's story. Reminds me of me and my business partner, Meredith. We started out doing our business on the side and it took us about 6 months to be able to make it our full-time role. It was such a delight when we were able to do that. Are you working your business full-time or on the side?

Need to get in touch?

Contact us