cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Jess W
Intuit

QUESTION: NATIONAL MEMO DAY – How do you use this fun communication tool?

iStock-657314652.jpg

It's National Memo Day! A new week is ahead and It's time to get organised and on top of your to-do's.

Memo, short for a memorandum, is a document and form of communication, intended to inform a group of people about a particular topic. Memos are used for many different purposes, most often in the workplace. 

Do you still use memos/post-it notes for reminders, to-do’s or for messages to your co-workers? Or have you gone digital? How do you use this fun communication tool? Comment below!

7 REPLIES 7
Jess W
Intuit

Using post-it notes reminds me of school, I would plaster my bedroom in terminology for a variety of subjects and I would hope that the post-its had a positive effect on my learning! 

However, I now use post-it notes for reminders. Whether that's a shopping list, a to-do list for work or to remind me to call someone... The rainbow post-its are the best! They inject your space with colour and they also grab your attention.

I do like the 'Notes' app on the iPhone for tracking my workouts and for listing things on-the-go... However, a good post-it note and a pen always work a treat.

What is your view on this @EmilyCowan and @WillowOlder ? Have you gone digital?

EmilyCowan
Level 7

I use my Outlook email program and digital Sticky Notes on my desktop to keep track of work tasks. So I guess I'm still pretty old-school!

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @EmilyMockett and @AlisonH1,

I would love to know what your take on this topic is.  How do you use this fun communication tool? Or do you not use it at all? Or do you have an alternative? 

QB Community Home          Talk About Your Business 

Find Inspiration     

EmilyMockett
Level 7

Hi Jess,

I am still very much all about post it notes and hand written diaries however I do also use the reminder app on my phone to prompt me. 

Emily

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @EmilyMockett

I hope things are well with you :)

Oh my goodness, me too! I love stationery, I probably purchase too much. However, the concept of post-it notes is great. I use them in meetings to jot down notes and then I keep them in my diary. I also use post-it notes for brainstorming ideas - each new post-it is a new idea; it's a great concept!

Ah yes, apps are always handy if you're an avid user of tech!

Find Inspiration     

EmilyMockett
Level 7

Hi Jess,

On the subject of mind maps, my colleague found a really useful app yesterday which is made by Google called 'Mind Meister'. You simply log in using your google log in and you can create digital mind maps which is great so you can make changes neatly and quickly! 

Kind Regards,

Emily

Jess W
Intuit

Hi @EmilyMockett,

I do like to scribble my ideas down on paper because I find it easier. However, this is a really cool tool - you could screenshot/download the mindmaps and include them in presentations for future reference: they're much prettier than scribbles on a piece of paper!

I do love the notes on my phone for making quick notes! When I am commuting to work or relaxing in the evening, I find that my mind becomes awake... So, my mobile notes are great to have on-hand. Do you have sudden bursts of inspiration? I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night with ideas, it's crazy!

Find Inspiration     

Need to get in touch?

Contact us