cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
EmilyCowan
Level 7

QUESTION: What is your best trick for staying focused and inspired during stressful or trying times?

How do you stay on top in business?

9 REPLIES 9
Jess W
Intuit

QUESTION: What is your best trick for staying focused and inspired during stressful or trying times?

Taking the time-out to re-charge and re-think is important! Even in the most stressful times, we should prioritise self-care. Without our health and mental wellbeing, we cannot perform at our optimal level.

I know this from juggling multiple things at once and feeling suffocated.

Also, keeping organised - to-do lists, pre-written schedules etc. All the handy tips and tricks to keep you on top of your game! 

What is your best trick for staying focused and inspired? @EmilyCowan

EmilyCowan
Level 7

This is a such a great question, @Jess W. I'm sure it's different for everyone but when things are difficult for me I tend to throw all notions of "inspiration" out the window! Instead, I choose to focus on a near-term task that will get me closer to where I would prefer to be ("If I can just do THIS, then I can do THIS"). 

It's hard to feel inspired all the time. Forward motion, chin up...sooner or later you'll be able to see the horizon again.

Jess W
Intuit

@EmilyCowan that is a really different way of looking at things! I might give that a go. Small achievable targets are brilliant for achieving the current task. 

Small steps! Life is incredibly exciting and things are changing all of the time. It's just time to ride the waves and work hard. Thank you, Emily, for the kind words :) 

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, agsmith

I saw that you have recently set up Quickbooks up for a pub! :) Balancing life with other work commitments can be challenging. I would love to know how you stay focused during stressful times? Pop your tips and tricks in the comments below.

QB Community Home          Talk About Your Business 

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @simonsaidi and @Karsty!

I would love to know your take on this question... How do you continue to stay focused and passionate towards your goals when you're going through a tough time? :) Do you have any tips you could share?

Find Inspiration     

Karsty
Level 4

I don't know really, I just keep plodding on. I just try to keep busy and balanced with what I need to do. I enjoy my work very much so it's good to be focused and creative in it. I'm also lucky enough to have some financial backup from family. That relieves a lot of stress. I make sure I take enough time to de-stress and sometimes that means spending a little money, but I consider it an investment because it helps me to reduce the stress, sleep better, and work better through the challenges. I don't become an ascetic because that makes me more stressed.

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @Karsty! I hope you're well :)

Yes, I agree with you on that! If you're passionate, you just keep pushing through.

However, I work well under pressure and seem to achieve so much more. I do find that I am an ascetic and it definitely contributes to the stress I feel but that's how I work well.

Taking time-out is crucial for rest and for encouraging new streams of creativity to flow! I regularly take the time-out. 

How do you de-stress? Do you have any other hobbies alongside your gardening? :)

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, HavingaGo!

I hope you're doing well :) 

From what you told me, you seem to be really busy! And you also referred to yourself as a 'one man band' ... How do you deal with challenging situations when you're juggling everything yourself? Do you have any special tips you could share with us?

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, wigglewaggle

It's nearly the weekend - I hope you have had a great week Smiley Very Happy

From your freelancer perspective, how do you stay focused and inspired if things are a little hectic?

Find Inspiration     

Need to get in touch?

Contact us