cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristy66
Level 1

Reinstate Transactions

Hi
For the last 12 months I have been processing my GST refunds from the ATO incorrectly. When the refund amount has come up for review in my bank feeds I have allocated it to another account as apposed to recording refund via the GST tab. 
To correct this I have gone into the account history and deleted all these transaction and added them as a 'record refund' in the GST tab.
Unfortunately now when I go to reconcile it states that my beginning balance is out by -$3724 which is the balance of the 10 figures I deleted.

Can someone please help me with how to rectify this?
Thank you

1 Comment 1
Joey Ann
QuickBooks Team

Reinstate Transactions

Hi Kristy66, 

Just to give you a quick overview of recording GST payments/refunds, when you record the payment/refund via the GST Centre, in the background it posts the payment/refund to the ATO Clearing Account. 

When this figure comes up in the Bank Feeds For Review screen, you then need to "ADD" this to the ATO Clearing account to zero out this suspense account. 

With the issue on your beginning balance, you can reconcile this period again and tick these 10 transactions to include to this reconciliation period. 

If you have further questions, please let us know.