In QuickBooks, the Customer:Job list holds information about your customers and the individual jobs (or properties) that you track for them. You should set up each property owner as a customer in QuickBooks.
To create customers and job:
- From the Customers menu, select Customer Center.
- In the Customer Center, select the New Customer & Job drop-down, then select New Customer or New Jobs.
Alternately, you can select Add Multiple Customer: Jobs to enter all your customers data at once.
- Enter the customer or job information, then select OK.
Add customized fields to describe property owners
You can use QuickBooks customized fields to add information about your customers. You may want to add the following information.
- Reporting preference (how often the property owner wants to receive reports)
- Reserve (how much reserve the property owners want you to retain for expenses for their properties)
- Accountant name (property owners might want their accountants informed of certain issues or decisions)