If you set your accounting method to Cash after setting up the Sales Tax Center:
- QuickBooks will still automatically calculate your sales tax but your Sales Tax Center will still display based on accrual method.
- As a workaround, you can use Sales Tax Liability reports to determine the proper Sales Tax payments recorded in QuickBooks Online.
If you set your accounting method to Cash before setting up your Sales Tax Center:
- You'll be defaulted to manual sales tax.
- In this case, you may want to start a new QuickBooks Online account/company file.
- After starting a new file, then set up the Sales Tax Center prior to setting your accounting method.