cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Jess W
Intuit

QUESTION: Has your approach to invoicing evolved since you started your business?

medium.jpeg

Keeping invoices organised can be a difficult task. Creating them can sometimes be a laborious activity, and when things don’t always work out, it can become very frustrating.

Whether you started your business a couple of weeks ago or years ago, we want to know how your approach to invoicing has changed! :) 

How do you approach the task of invoicing now? 

Comment your tips and tricks below!

Join and become a member... It's free! -  Join the QB Community!

QB Community UK Home          Talk About Your Business 

Find Inspiration     

4 REPLIES 4
Jess W
Intuit

QUESTION: Has your approach to invoicing evolved since you started your business?

Invoicing has always been very daunting for me. Numbers can be very confusing, especially when you're starting out in the business world and have SO many things to consider. 

It has been a huge stress throughout the years! However, I am now wanting to use apps that do it all for me to limit the stress. I have seen that a variety of members have discussed invoices! So, I thought it was a great idea to get people together to share their ideas! 

@JJJZ We have chatted about business, I would love to know if you invoicing techniques have changed over the years? Do you find it stressful? 

QB Community Home          Talk About Your Business 

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @CharlotteM,

I saw that you're a bookkeeper with a couple of QB's clients, that's amazing. How are you finding it and have you always been a bookkeeper? I would love to know how your approach to invoicing has changed! :)

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @muckyfingers!

Welcome to the QB Community. Hope you're having a great day!

I saw that you trade at maker's markets... I would love to know more about this!

Also, has your approach to invoicing changed since you started this job? Smiley Very Happy

Find Inspiration     

EmilyMockett
Level 7

Hi Jessica,

Invoicing directly through QuickBooks Online has sped up the process for many of my clients. With the use of recurring templates and pre-filling previously entered information this really allows time to be saved. By spending time setting up products and services and entering as much information you have at the set up stage (e.g. rate, description, tax code), this will be likely to be invaluable going forward using the system.

QuickBooks also has a rolling invoice number so each time you open up a new invoice template it will pre-populate to the next number in the sequence you have specified.

A lot of my clients are a little worried their invoices will look too standard. You can customise your invoices to ensure that they look exactly as you want them. If your invoice template is a little more complicated, you can also upload a word document template. 

The other great thing about invoicing through QuickBooks Online is that you can send the invoice directly from the system to your customer meaning not having to use your emails and attach the invoice. Once you have sent this you can see the status of the invoice. If a customer has opened the invoice via the email this will also be recorded.

Invoicing through QuickBooks Online is the way forward!

Kind Regards,

Emily Mockett

Need to get in touch?

Contact us