cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
EmilyCowan
Level 7

QUESTION: When it comes to networking, the #1 app I use is ___________?

18 REPLIES 18
Jess W
Intuit

Great post, @EmilyCowan - something which has definitely got me thinking!

Instagram is my favourite app for networking. It's engaging, creative and a simple app to navigate. I have received a lot of connections through this and I have also made some close friends through this app! It's incredible. I use it daily.

XMoorCommunity you are a registered charity, I would love to know how you network? What are your favourite apps to use? Comment below! :) 

QB Community Home          Talk About Your Business 

Find Inspiration     

EmilyMockett
Level 7

Hi Emily,

The best app I find useful is Linked In in regards to networking. It enables me to connect with someone instantaneously and also allows me to take a look at their previous experience within their career. 

It is a great way to keep track of what my connections are up too, especially ones that are outside of my local area too! 

Emily

Jess W
Intuit

Hi @EmilyMockett , 

LinkedIn is a good one! I particularly use that app for networking on a professional basis or on a more corporate level. LinkedIn can be so interesting regarding people's previous experience!

@EmilyMockett do you use Instagram for networking? Or have you ever tried anything else for networking?

Find Inspiration     

EmilyMockett
Level 7

Hi Jessica,

No I do not normally use Instagram for networking however our firm does have an Instagram account as well as a Twitter and Facebook profile (all of which I think all businesses should have now a days!)

I tend to do a lot of networking lunches and dinners in the local area in person. I find it is a great way to meet a variety of new people whether that be professionals or potential clients. Not only that we are members with our local Chamber of Commerce who kindly allow us to contribute by offering masterclasses in things such as QuickBooks Online. 

Kind Regards,

Emily

Jess W
Intuit

Hi @EmilyMockett !

I completely agree. Instagram and other social media platforms are so great for promotional purposes and for networking purposes.

Networking lunches & dinners are a great idea! Creating a comfortable environment for people definitely encourages individuals to connect and exchange ideas. Great contribution @EmilyMockett!

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi Shahji ! 

When we chatted, we spoke about how you want to share your knowledge on the community platform. You also said that you want to learn about new technology that people might be using so you can share your findings with others.

I was wondering when it comes to networking, what is the 1 app you use? Or do you have a different approach? With the nature of your job, is networking essential? I would love to know more in the comments below! :) 

Find Inspiration     

Shahji
Level 4

Hi @Jess W @EmilyCowan ,

I always prefer to use Linkedin and Facebook but i have slowly started out on Twitter and Instagram too. But No 1 App i would say is Linkedin. Since i have to constantly keep check on the technological advancements happening in the world i have joined in few groups where i constantly get updates about my field. Surely Networking is very much important for personal and organizational benefits.

Jess W
Intuit

Hi @Shahji

100%, networking can be a priority in many organisational backgrounds and especially if you're starting out in the business world. Just like this community, exchanging ideas and talking to others is a great chance to learn something new.

Yes, LinkedIn is a great one! I do the same as you, I have joined groups which are relevant to my sector of work and they help me keep up to date with current trends. However, networking physically in person can sometimes be a barrier for many people regarding social anxiety. That's why the internet is so helpful!

Do you use these apps regularly and do you have them on your phone? :) 

Find Inspiration     

Shahji
Level 4

@Jess W ,

I use them regularly and i have them on my phone too. :)

Jess W
Intuit

Hi @Shahji,

They're really handy to have on your phone! 

In terms of networking, what are your favourite groups on LinkedIn? :)

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @ParkwayInc

After we spoke about your business, I could imagine that networking is important to you. 

How do you network, do you use apps? Or do you attend events? I would love to know in the comments below! :)

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @simonsaidi, 

You mentioned that you're in the process of setting up a website and you're working on a marketing strategy?

As a suggestion: a great way of marketing is using some free platforms for networking. Have a read of the thread and see the great suggestions! Also, do you use any networking apps already? LinkedIn, Facebook?

Find Inspiration     

Shahji
Level 4

@Jess W,

My Groups are :-

Retail Industry Professionals Worldwide
Software as a Service- SaaS-Group
Successful QuickBooks Consultants QBO QB Power Hour Cloud Connect Accountant
Integration With QuickBooks and 3rd Party Apps
QuickBooks Tips and Tricks
Cloud Computing,SaaS & Virtualization
E-Commerce Network
Internet Retailer -Ecommerce Forum

EmilyMockett
Level 7

Hi Shahji,

Could you provide links to these please?

I would be interested in taking a look at them! 

Kind Regards,

Emily

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @Shahji,

Wow! These sound great. 'QuickBooks Tips and Tricks' - I like the sound of that!

Do you comment in these groups? Or simply read the content each day?

Yes, @EmilyMockett, it would be great if @Shahji can attach the links to the groups in the comments! Then we can all check them out. Can't wait! :) 

Find Inspiration     

Teri
Level 9

LinkedIn is where my business created itself over 10 years ago before I even considered one. I have also answered over a million questions on Quora (per recent email notice from them), and looks like I have answered a few thousand here as well.  That is as close as I get to doing networking but I guess it counts since that brings me more clients than I can even accept, so I get the opportunity to share those excess clients with competitors, who I call colleagues since I have no need to compete.  I also get to pick and choose which clients I prefer to work with.

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, @Teri

Welcome to the U.K QB Community! It's great to have you here.

I would love to know what your business is! How did your business grow from LinkedIn? :) LinkedIn is one of my favourite applications for business discussions and shares. I love it for doing company research too.

Quora is a great way of having intelligent and purposeful discussions online, I completely agree! It certainly does count, it's all part of networking and connecting with others.

Find Inspiration     

Jess W
Intuit

Hi, jamesmurphy!

Hope you're having an awesome Friday Smiley Happy

When it comes to networking, do you use apps? From your educational career background, how have you connected with others in the same area of employment?

Find Inspiration     

Need to get in touch?

Contact us