cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Intuit

Accept eInvoice payments through PayPal as a Mark

Your customers can now pay using PayPal! PayPal as a mark is now available on eInvoices for a more flexible mode of payment.

How do I begin accepting PayPal payments?

All you need is a QuickBooks Payments account. One place to start is from the "Get set up" link at the top of a new invoice. It only takes a few minutes to fill out some information about your business. Once your account is approved, you'll be able to accept PayPal, credit cards, and bank transfers.

How do my customers pay me with PayPal?

First, create an invoice and send it to your customer. When they open it from their email account, they'll have the opportunity to select PayPal as their payment option. They'll use their PayPal credentials to sign into their account and then select their payment method.

How do I know when someone has paid me?

You'll receive an email confirming the payment and the invoice will be marked as paid within QuickBooks, just like other payment methods we support.

Where can I see the status of PayPal transactions?

You can view the status of your PayPal transactions in the Merchant Service Center. (Payments may not show up until after batch settlement. This could be 24 hours after payment was made).

How do I know a PayPal payment was deposited?

In the Merchant Service Center, you'll see PayPal, credit card payments, and bank transfers included together in a single deposit each day.

What fees are charged if a customer Pays an Invoice with PayPal?

If a customer pays an invoice with PayPal, the card - keyed rate is applied. Specifically, if you're on the Pay As You Go Plan, the fee will be 3.4% + $0.25. If you're on the Low Monthly Rates plan, the fee will be 3.2% + $0.25.

How long does it take for a PayPal payment to be deposited?

Your money will be deposited in 2 business days if the transaction is made before 3 pm Pacific Time. For example, if your customer pays on Wednesday before 3 pm, then you'll get the money on Friday.

How do I reverse a PayPal payment?

You can reverse a PayPal payment made by your customer by voiding the receive payment or reversing the payment in the Merchant Service Center. (the most immediate way to reverse the transaction is from the "Processed transaction" link inside the Payment, in QBO). Normal refund fees apply (usually lowest rate on the account).

I use PayPal to get paid already. How do I connect my PayPal account to QuickBooks?

If you would like customers to be able to pay a QuickBooks Invoices online through PayPal, you will need to first set-up a QuickBooks Payments account. In order to set-up a QuickBooks Payments account, navigate to Insert Link and QuickBooks Payments set-up takes less than 3 minutes. Once you are set-up for QuickBooks Payments, when you send a QuickBooks Invoice and enable Credit Card payments, your customer will have the option to pay you with credit card or through PayPal.

How do I handle a chargeback?

We'll notify you if your customer files a chargeback for a PayPal or credit card payment, and we'll let you know the next steps.

Where is my money deposited if my customer pays with PayPal? Do I need to have a PayPal account?

You don't need a PayPal account. We'll deposit the funds directly into your bank account along with your credit card and bank transfer transactions.

I, the merchant's customer, have a wallet in my PayPal account. Can I pay with payment methods other than my PayPal balance?

Yes, but you can't pay with an eCheck (an asynchronous ACH transfer that takes 3-5 days to process). You can pay with iACH (instant ACH), which is similar to a debit card. This requires that the payor will need an alternate funding source in case the ACH fails.