If you are already on the Send Forms screen and you want to remove pay stubs from the list, click the Remove button.
What should I do if my employees are not receiving the pay stub emails?
- Send test emails to yourself to confirm the issue.
- Ask your employees check their email spam settings and any other filters that may be preventing them from receiving your emails.
Important: The last name cannot contain parentheses or brackets, or the employee will not be able to open the emailed pay stub.
What should I do if I am having problem emailing pay stubs?
Verify you are on the latest version of Adobe. This allows the pay stubs to be converted into PDF format for viewing.
- On the internet browser address line, type www.adobe.com.
- Search for Updates.
- Find Adobe Reader 9.3 update or Adobe Acrobat 9.3 Professional update, depending on the version you have.
- Select the computer program language listed, such as Windows, or Macintosh.
- Complete the download.
If you are having trouble entering your email password, see QuickBooks will not accept my web mail password for detailed troubleshooting steps.
What should I do if QuickBooks Desktop will not accept my web mail password?
Why don’t I have email options available in QuickBooks Desktop?
See Outlook is missing in QuickBooks Desktop Send Forms preferences for detailed information.
What is the Employee Password?
Passwords are composed of the following:
- The first 4 characters of the employee's last name. If the name is shorter than 4 characters, use the whole last name (do not append the first name to it). These 4 characters are always lower case. The only time an employee's password would contain an uppercase character is if the first character of the employee's last name was an extended character. QuickBooks Desktop does not convert extended characters to lowercase.
- The last four digits of the SSN.
Any non-alpha character (dash, space, etc...) is removed from the last name when building the password. Some examples are:
- If John Smith's Social Security Number was 123-45-6789, his password to view an emailed pay stub would be smit6789.
- The password for Ben Narramore with SSN 855-56-4545 would be narr4545.
- The password for Deb D'Spain with SSN 782-34-3419 would be dspa3419.
- The password for Jimmy Wu with SSN 903-88-7465 would be wu7465.
The password is automatically generated and can't be removed. The only way the password can be altered is if the employee's name and social security number changes within QuickBooks Desktop before the check is created for the employee. Employees cannot create custom passwords for this feature.