- Press the Windows key once on your keyboard.
- Type in CMD. Right-click CMD/ Command Prompt/ cmd.exe and select Run ad Administrator.
- On the command prompt window, type in net user administrator /active:no and press Enter.
Step 4: Change the security settings of the installation directory
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Right-click the Common Files folder and select Properties.
- Select Edit under Security tab, then select Users under Group or user names.
- Under Permissions for users, select allow for the following permissions:
- Read & Execute
- List Folder Contents
- Select Apply and OK.
Step 5: Install QuickBooks
- Try installing QuickBooks Desktop.
- After installing QuickBooks Desktop, switch to your original user log in.
Important: If you've already followed all the steps, don't have any of the following special cases, and you're still getting the same error, we recommend that you contact a local IT to have your computer diagnosed.