Select the Plus icon (+) on the Toolbar.
Under Other, select Journal Entry.
- Enter the date the check bounced in the Journal date field.
- On the first line, select Accounts Receivable from the Account top-down list.
- In the Debits column, enter the amount of the bounced check.
- Select the customer from the drop-down list in the Name column.
- On the second line, select the bank account from the Account drop-down list.
The amount should appear automatically in the Credits field.
- Enter a notation explaining the reason for the journal entry in the Memo field.
The bounced check is recorded.The next step is to clear the invoice that was paid with the bounced check, and link the bounced check to the journal entry you created.