You need to immediately:
- Contact our Payments team at 800-397-0707 so we can verify your identity and secure your account.
- Change passwords and review your accounts. Change the passwords to all your online accounts, including your email accounts and review them to make sure that accounts have not compromised.
- Place a fraud alert. Contact the fraud department of the 3 major credit bureaus.
- File a police report. Contact local law enforcement authorities because this will help as you work with the credit agencies.
You may also want to:
- Check your computer to ensure your computer (and terminal) has not been compromised.
- Monitor all your online accounts and account information more closely. Identity theft can happen again, either to the same account or to a new online account.
- Monitor your credit report.
Who covers the losses resulting from identity theft?
Intuit will waive all processing fees for all transactions involving stolen or fraudulent cards and checks. If your online account has been compromised, you could be held financially responsible.
How do I escalate a dispute?
When you report unusual or suspicious activity on your account, our Risk department will investigate your case and determine an outcome. It takes a few business days to do a thorough investigation.